Happy Monday to you all! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I had a busy weekend working on the projects for upcoming workshops and am now hoping to have some time to get my house ready for Christmas!
Look at this snowflake rosette I created using the Stampin' Up! Lace Ribbon Border Punch. I learned this technique on the Stampin' Up! demonstrator video tutorial using the Stampin' Up! Simply Scored Scoring Tool and the punch. The Lace Ribbon Punch is perfect for creating punched snowflake rosettes because you can create punched strips of any length, and the decorative design is reminiscent of a child's hand-cut snowflakes. I LOVE it!
Here's how to make the punched snowflake on my Merry Christmas card:
- Cut Whisper White Card Stock to 2" x 8 1/2".
- Score the Whisper White strip at 1/4" intervals using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
- Punch the strip using the Lace Ribbon Punch.
- Start folding the strip at each score line back and forth into an accordion.
- Adhere both ends with Sticky Strip or Tombow Liquid Glue gathering it in the middle.
- Punch out a 3/4" circle and apply Tombow Liquid Glue in the center of the circle; and place the snowflake rosette on top of the circle to hold it together.
- To cover up the middle of the rosette, I adhered the smallest snowflake die-cut from the Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die and a punch-out of Itty Bitty flower with a Basic Rhinestone.
- I applied the Dazzling Details to add dazzling sparkle to my assembled rosette.
Tip: If you want a small rosette, you need to trim a bit from one long edge of the punched card stock. Otherwise, when you gather it into a rosette, the edges will overlap in the center and bunch up.
Tips for using the Lace Ribbon Punch:
- Because of the intricate design and larger size of the punch, you will need to use a bit more pressure when punching so the paper doesn't fray.
- To use, place the punch on a stable, flat surface and push straight down. Don't hold it in your hand and squeeze it to punch-you might pinch your hand.
- For best results, punch through one sheet of paper or card stock at a time.
Bright Hopes Stamp Set (Holiday Mini Catalog)
Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (120902)
Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die (120901)
Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful week!
Stamp Sets - Bright Hopes (Holiday Mini)
Paper - Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink - Note Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Whisper White Craft
Punches - Lace Ribbon Border (122362), 3/4" Circle, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), 2-3/8" Scallop Circle (118874)
Tools and Accessories - Basic Rhinestones, Baker's Twine, Dazzling Details (124117)
Big Shot - Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die (120901)