Hi there! Here is another project from the Spring Workshop. This is my favorite one. The butterfly was made using the new Blossom Punch from the Occasions Mini Catalog.
This is how it's done to convert a flower punch-out into a butterfly. The Island Indigo punch-out was used and layered with a patterned paper piece to make it more dimensional. We used an Antique Brad to secure these two pieces. Don't you love when you can make something totally different from the same punch?
I LOVE, LOVE and LOVE the large flower image. It's so pretty! We used the Rock and Roll stamping technique to achieve the two colors (Baja Breeze and Island Indigo) on the image.
Rock and Roll Stamping Technique
- Tap stamp on light-colored ink pad.
- Press edges of stamp in a rolling-motion on darker ink pad, being careful not to ink the center of the stamp.
- Stamp your image.
- Always use the lightest colored ink first to avoid getting dark ink on your light ink pad.
- Clean your stamp each time.
- This technique works best when using a bold stamp image.
That's it for today. It's going to be a busy day for me. I have my Tuesday Night Card Club workshop tonight. Can't wait to see their reaction to the projects I created for them to make tonight..... So cute!!! Anyway thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day!
Stamps - Mixed Bunch, Loving Thoughts
Paper - Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP
Ink - Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Punches - Blossom
Tools and Accessories - Antique Brads, Basic Pearls