Hi there! I had a fun night of Big Shot class last night. Thank you to those ladies who came to my workshop. It was fabulous!!!
This card was one of our projects we did. Isn't it so beautiful??? I love the color combination - Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand and Whisper White. To be honest with you I don't use Sahara Sand so much but this card made me think that I really need to use it more often! It's absolutely beautiful with Baja Breeze!!!
Here are the pictures of my two samples. Can you see the difference between these? The silver glimmer snowflake die-cut on the left is colored with Baja Breeze ink using Baja Breeze refill and a sponge dauber (you can do this with any color of your choice!). Look at the close-up photo below. It's so pretty!!!
The largest snowflake image is stamped on one of the Floral Frames Framelits. This is one of the techniques I showed in class last night. Normally we stamp an image and then die cut but in this case we die cut the same piece TWICE and stamp later.
Now you know what I mean, right? First you run a piece of Whisper White card stock using the shape shown above on your Big Shot (look at the die cut on the right above). Then you need to place the same die over your die-cut as shown above and run it through again. The largest snowflake stamp image from the Snowflake Soiree Stamp Set will nicely fit in the scallop shape.
Here are the measurements for the card:
- Sahara Sand - 4-1/4" x 5 1/2" (back panel), 2-1/2" x 5-1/4"
- Whisper White - 5-3/8" x 8-1/4", scored at 4-1/8", and scrap for stamping
- Baja Breeze - 1" x 5-3/8"
- Silver Glimmer Paper - 1/2" x 5-3/8" and 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" for snowflake die-cut
Other Supplies for the card:
- Stamps - Snowflake Soiree (Holiday Catalog)
- Ink - Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze, Baja Breeze ink refill
- Tools and Accessories - 3/4" Circle, Sponge Daubers, Basic Rhinestones, Baja Breeze Seam Binding
- Big Shot - Floral Frames Framelits, Large Scallop Edgelits, Delicate Designs Embossing Folders
Thank you for stopping by today. Have a great day!!!