Here is one of the projects we made at my Big Shot class last week. Isn’t it gorgeous? I just love everything about this card:) The colors are gorgeous – I wish you could see it in person!!!
I’m excited to share this cool technique we used to color the “bold” stamp image with the Stampin’ Blendabilities Markers! Just follow these simple steps:
1. Stamp image in Blushing Bride ink.
2. Using a Project Life Journal Marker, outline your stamped image as shown.
3. Color in with some Stampin’ Blendabilities markers of your choice! I used the following colors:
Cherry Cobbler (light)
Pumpkin Pie (medium)
Old Olive (medium)
Daffodil Delight (medium)
4. Using a Sponge Dauber, gently color the background in Pool Party ink.
When designing this card, I had a few products in my mind that I wanted to use on my card front – a piece of black patterned paper and an embossing folder. After I made a few cards, I just wasn’t happy with them…. Sounds familiar??? So this is how I came up with this design:
Card Base – cut to 5 1/2″ x 8″ and score at 3 3/4″ (card front)
Black Patterned Paper (Flashback DSP) – Adhere to the right edge of card inside (1″ x 5 1/2″)
1) Emboss with the new Zig Zag Embossing Folder (133738)
2) Die cut a piece of Pool Party card stock with one of the Finishing Touches Edgelits (127010) and adhere to back of the card.
Stamp – Hey There Buds
Paper – Pool Party, Basic Black, Whisper White, Flashback DSP
Ink – Pool Party, Memento Black
Tools and Accessories – Stampin’ Blendabilities, Project Life Journal Pen, Sponge Dauber, Linen Thread, Buttons, 1″ Circle Punch, 1 1/4″ Scallop Circle Punch
Big Shot – Finishing Touches Edgelits, Zig Zag Embossing Folder
Pool Party (card base) – 5 1/2″ x 8″, 1″ x 5 1/2″ (die-cut)
Whisper White – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ and scrap for sentiment
Basic Black – 2 7/8″ x 3 5/8″ and scrap for punch out
Black DSP – 1″ x 5 1/2″
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you will give it a try to make this card. Please contact me with any questions!!! Have a wonderful day!!!