Hi there! I’m loving this new collection “Summer Smooches” from Stampin’ Up! It’s a suite of brand-new products from the 2012-2013 catalog. The designer series paper is absolutely gorgeous packed with an assortment of bright colored paper. The “Bright Blossoms” stamp set is so cute and very affordable!
Here is another look of my sample card which I created for my April Card Club workshops. The ladies absolutely loved this card!!!
To make this card I demonstrated 2 new techniques to use the Framelits dies in my club workshops this month. Do you see the front of my card is folded in half and has one half of the die-cut exposed to the right?
Here is how you can try the trick:
- Score your 4 1/4″ x 11″ card base at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Using Dotto Removable Adhesive, adhere a piece of the designer series paper temporally. The reason I am using the removable adhesive in this step is that I don’t want a part of patterned paper showing inside when the die-cut part is flipped over.
- Place one of the Framelits dies on your card front matching the notches of the die with the 2 3/4″ score line and secure with painter’s tape.
- Place your card on Tab 2 of Multipurpose Platform with one cutting pad on the bottom and then place another cutting pad on top but only to the 2 3/4″ score line as shown below.
- Go ahead and run it through your Big Shot.
- Secure your patterned paper with Snail Adhesive. You can discard the small piece of patterned paper or keep it for another project.
The next trick is how to emboss using the Framelits Dies. Can you see the Whisper White die-cut piece below is embossed in the same shape but in a smaller size? Isn’t that pretty?
Here is how you can try this technique:
- Run a piece of Whisper White card stock through your Big shot using one of the Framelits Dies.
- Place your die-cut piece in the order as listed below.
- Cutting Pad (top)
- Framelits Die (smaller die/cutting side up)
- Card Stock (die-cut piece)
- Silicone Rubber
- Card Stock (shim)
- Cutting Pad
- Multipurpose Platform (with all tabs open-bottom)
Please note that this setting worked the best for my project on my Big Shot machine. Each Big Shot is different and the type of card stock you are using may require you to adjust your setting by adding a sheet of card stock or computer paper.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you will try these techniques for your next project. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Have a great day!
Stamps – Bright Blossoms
Paper – Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Summer Smooches DSP
Tools and Accessories – Dotto Removable Adhesive, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Stampin’ Markers (Real Red, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade)
Big Shot – Labels Collection Framelits Dies