Hi there! I’m really exited to show you this Shaker Card we made at my Card Club workshops this month. It’s so cute! The Stampin’ Up! Shaker Frames (124155) from the Holiday Mini Catalog make it super easy to make any card a shaker card!
Here are the measurements to make this card:
- Marina Mist card stock (card base) – cut to 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Marina Mist card stock – scallop square die-cut piece, 4 pieces (Postage Stamp Punch)
- Old Olive card stock – 4″ x 4″
- Real Red card stock – 4 pieces (1-1/4″ Square Punch)
- Whisper White card stock – scraps to stamp/punch
- Letters to Santa DSP – 4 pieces (1-1/4″ Square Punch)
How to make this card:
- Run a piece of Marina Mist card stock on Big Shot using the Scallop Square Duo die. We used the smaller size.
- Punch a hole using the 1″ Circle Punch. To do this, punch a scrap piece of card stock and adhere onto your Square Scallop die-cut piece in the center with the Dotto Removable Adhesive, and then punch it out.
- Emboss your Scallop Square with the Snow Burst Embossing Folder on Big Shot.
- Adhere a piece of Window Sheet (1-3/8″ Square) to the back of your Scallop Square piece with Tombow Liquid Glue.
- Stamp the Snowman image using the Staz On Black ink on Whisper White card stock. Punch it out with the 1-3/8″ Square Punch. Color in his scarf with Marina Mist and Real Red Stampin’ Markers.
- Carefully remove the 1-1/4″ size foam circle from the Shaker Frame package and adhere onto your Snowman image. Do not remove the protective adhesive tape on top of your foam circle yet. Otherwise, your filler will stick to the adhesive part and will not be able to use the foam circle.
- Carefully fill in the foam circle with a small amount of Mica Flakes. Now carefully remove the protective tape and place the Scallop Square piece on top. Your Shaker Frame is done. Set aside.
- This is the hardest part to make this card! Pick 4 of your favorite stamps from the Jolly Bingo Bits Stamp Set. They are all so cute! Stamp using the Stampin’ Markers and then punch them out with the 1″ Square Punch. Layer them with Marina Mist Postage Stamp Punch-outs and Real Red square pieces.
- Adhere your stamped square pieces onto your 4″ x 4″ Old Olive piece as shown.
- Adhere your patterned paper square pieces as shown.
- Wrap around your ribbon and tie a bow as shown.
- Stamp “Merry” on Whisper White card stock with Real Red Stampin’ Marker and punch it out with the Jewelry Tag Punch. Adhere to your Old Olive piece right under the bow using Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere your Shaker Frame to your Old Olive piece with Tombow Liquid Glue or Sticky Strip as shown.
- Adhere your Old Olive piece to your card front with Dimensionals. Your card is done!
Please note: I’m not sure if the Shaker Frames and Mica Flakes will be carried over to the next Idea Book and Catalog at this time. They are not listed in the Occasions Mini Catalog. As far as I know for sure, they are available only through January 3rd, 2012.
Stampin’ Up! Shaker Frames (Holiday Mini Catalog – #124155 $4.95/36 foam circles)
Stampin’ Up! Mica Flakes (Holiday Mini Catalog – #124115 $3.50)
My Favorite “Jolly Bingo Bits Stamp Set”
Click HERE to go to my Online Store for Stampin’ Up! supplies.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
Stamps – Jolly Bingo Bits and Pennant Parade
Paper – Marina Mist, Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White, Letter to Santa DSP
Ink – Staz On Jet Black
Punches – 1″ Square (124094), 1-1/4″ Square (119865), 1-3/8″ Square (119877), 1″ Circle (119868), Postage Stamp (122344), Jewelry Tag (117190)
Tools and Accessories – Stampin’ Markers (Marina Mist, Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip), 1/8″ Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon (119256), Shaker Frames (124155), Mica Flakes (124115), Window Sheets (114323)
Big Shot – Scallop Square Duo (120903), Snow Burst Embossing Folder (124096)