The new 3D Embossing Folder Plate (item 149658) is now available to order! It’s designed to work with our new-style 3D embossing folders (which are thinner than our old-style Dynamic folders).
How to Use the New Plate
The new plate makes up the difference in measurement between our old-style Dynamic Folders and our new-style 3D Folders in 21 mm gap machines (similar to the machine we used to offer). The 3D Embossing Folder Plate replaces the Standard Cutting Pads in your 3D embossing folder sandwich for continued high-quality emboss results.
To create your emboss sandwich:
- use a die-cutting & embossing machine platform as a base; no matter which machine you are using, use the standard platform which comes with your machine.
- Use the 3D Embossing Folder with your paper in the middle.
- Then use the 3D Embossing Folder Plate on top.
- Given the differences in machines and platforms, you may still have to add a shim to get your desired embossing results. You can also spritz your paper before embossing to maximize your embossing impressions.
- Without the new 3D Embossing Folder Plate, you will need to use several shims with the Standard Cutting Pad in your 3D embossing folder sandwich depending on the die-cutting & embossing machine you use. Most machines will need between three to five sheets of cardstock to shim. Please be careful in how you shim; start out with fewer sheets, then add sheets to get your desired results.
Make sure to add this new 3D Embossing Folder Plate to your order today! Available NOW!!!